baby

Monday, April 6, 2009

Trekking To Buntzen lake

Snacks for mommies. Check.
Snacks for Sarah. Check.

Diapers, wipes and other toiletries. Check.

Clothes for if it's warm. Check.

Clothes for if it's cold. Check.
Jackets for if it's warm & cold. Check.
Baby sunscreen. Check.
Baby sunglasses. Check.
Baby sunhat. Check.
Bedsheet. Check.
Wallet and keys. Check.
Camera. Check.
Baby Bjorn in case we go for a hike. Check.
Water. Oops.


Whew. One large heavy backpack later, I was finally all packed to go for an afternoon outing. You would have thought with all the stuff I had packed that I was going to some far-off locale but it was only Buntzen Lake. With all the stuff I have to lug with us every time we go out,
I should really invest in some good rolling luggage :)

Anyway, I enjoyed good conversation with my new mommy friends and Sarah equally enjoyed playing with Lainey, Hailey and Evan. Speaking of playing, you wouldn't believe the attention these kiddies paid on Mum-Mums. Not the crackers themselves mind you - they passed around the crinkly wrappers for a good several minutes!

As soon as Sarah was no longer interested in playing, we went down to the water's edge so that I could dip her toes in. While she seemed fascinated by the feeling of sand at her feet, she did not care for the cold water. That's okay though, I'm sure that we'll be back again in the summertime when the water temperature is comfortable :)

PS. Jes: Thanks for saving Sarah and me from being housebound today. We had fun!

No comments: