baby

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Keep On Movin!

It feels like I am constantly on the run these days - literally. Sarah has treated us to another developmental leap and is now getting the hang of crawling up the stairs, which means I get to play the fun game of chasing her around the house. So far, she has only gotten up the one stair that has a large landing but it is still pretty impressive, given that we only showed her how to do this a few short days ago.



And just because she likes to surprise us, Sarah is also starting to stand up on her own! As you know, we have been supporting her on her feet while she plays. Now she has proven that she can perform this feat independently. In fact, when I went to get her after her afternoon nap today, I found her standing at the side of her crib! (Un)luckily she takes on her mommy and doesn't have height on her side so she wasn't leaning dangerously over the crib. While I am proud that she can do this so quickly, I also feel a bit cursed at the same time because she is getting too advanced far too quickly for her own good. Sure they say that girls develop more quickly than boys, but does it have to be this fast? :) Oh well, it's still all very exciting for us and it means that I will have a little helper sooner rather than later! Yay Sarah - keep on movin'! Daddy will have to play 'handyman' again...


No comments: