baby

Friday, October 24, 2008

The Grass Isn't Always Greener

With all these entries about Sarah's sleeping and eating issues, I thought it timely to remember and appreciate all the good things that come with that little package of ours. Now don't get me wrong - I absolutely adore my little girl and wouldn't change anything. It's just that it is so easy to dwell on the sacrifices/problems/etc. but I am making a conscious effort to take things in stride and enjoy the time with Sarah because she is after all only a baby once. Not to mention that this experience is a one-time deal anyway - guaranteed ;). I do sometimes long for the days when life was more spontaneous but looking back, it really isn't too vastly different. Okay, who am I kidding - it is different but it's a good different. Anyway, enough of this airy-fairy stuff - back to reality...

Nothing much has happened in Sarah-ville lately, save for the fact that she was still on her bottle strike this week up until today.
Finally we have a baby who eats like a champ again!! :) (Hopefully I didn't jinx us because the day isn't over just yet.) Anyway, after having a full breakfast, Sarah scarfed down a Hungry-Man sized lunch of formula, followed by barley cereal mixed with carrot AND applesauce for dessert. She also tried "using" a sippy cup today too - still some practice required :)


Finally, as for sleep, we have an all-night snoozer again (sort of). Aside from the occasional cry out for a cuddle, Sarah has been waking consistently at 3:45am half-babbling and half-crying for about an hour before drifting off to sleep again. Assuming that it was hunger, I fed her one night but decided that would be reverting back to our old ways, so I reciprocated with a strike of my own and now I'm trying not to check in on her unless she's really persistent. I think it's slowly working ;)

No comments: