baby

Saturday, October 25, 2008

An Incurable Disease

Help! I have a bad bad disease that can not be easily cured. Not only am I obsessed with researching and looking for all things baby-related, but 'baby-shopping syndrome' has got me making trips to Babies 'R' Us on a much too regular basis. My case of BSS is so severe that even one of the salesclerks there remembered what I bought before. Either she has a really good memory or I am at the store way too often - or both.

Anyway, I made two trips out there this week primarily out of necessity since Sarah is now taking solids - the second trip was only because they were having a sale that started today. What I had to get were some beginner sippy cups, a baby-food freezer tray (basically glorified ice-cube trays but with snap-on lids) and sleepers that were marked down. While I found all that I needed, Sarah also scored a few new items yet again.
Yes, I know that I can (and probably should) get only the things on the list but it is so hard not to check out their other offerings - it is a large store after all :) What I ended up also getting were a new bathtub (this one is a necessity now that she is sitting up more), a teething bunny doll (okay, a splurge), a crawling helper thingy (another splurge), and a toy for the high-chair/booster seat (it was cheap!).

All these things for the low low price of....well, let's just say that it wasn't pennies :) But I will say in my defense that I find myself shopping continuously for Sarah because she is changing all the time and we forget about the little miscellaneous things as she continues to grow. And that's a good reason, no?
;)

Anyhow, here's Sarah going through a "dry" run of her new bathtub...




And playing with her new crawling helper thingy (it's supposed to help)...



No comments: