baby

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Let's Get Loud

It's Wednesday so off we went to see my folks for our weekly dose of dysfunction and loud ruckus. It truly isn't all that bad and I honestly enjoy the buzz of activity and conversation since the other days of the week tend to be much quieter. Anyway, Sarah was intrigued by Toffee this week and was even bold enough to try and pet him while having her afternoon snack. Ahhh, how I long for those innocent days :)

Speaking of Toffee, Sarah's vocabulary continues to grow at a fast pace. Just today, I pointed Toffee out to her and she immediately caught on (no joke!) and could point to the 'doggy' when I asked where he was. I also made her a photo album with pictures of our family and I think it has helped her to identify who is who and she will look at the right person when we ask where is 'so and so'. It's really amazing how fast their little brains absorb information!

Finally, as you know, Sarah is not shy about trying different foods and today was no exception. 'Po Po' made our little piggy beef stew for dinner tonight and I also got to take home a big batch of it for freezing, which is great because that means less time spent slaving away over the stove for me ;)

No comments: