baby

Friday, February 13, 2009

It's Raining Cats And Dogs

It's Friday so no cooking for me! Sarah and I met up with Daddy at the super-mall this evening for some healthy food-court fare instead. Come to think of it, we have never been out with Sarah this late other than meeting with family for dinners so it was a real treat for us. Sarah was again really well-behaved in her stroller - she didn't even fight to get out even though she enjoys being mobile so much. Yessss!! This may seem like small potatoes but this is a major victory for someone who used to madly rock or marathon-walk the stroller to get baby to quiet down or sleep. Hmm...that explains why I didn't take her out much in the beginning ;)

Tomorrow marks Sarah's first Valentine's Day! To celebrate this occasion, I picked up a few gifts for her. She enjoys playing with those bead-chaser toys so I bought a ball-version from Fisher-Price. And of course, every Asian girl must have her very own token Sanrio doll, so we made a pit-stop at Build-A-Bear. Thirty dollars later, we left with a Hello Kitty doll, complete with her first outfit. Believe it or not, my sister did not find anything Sanrio when they were in Hong Kong but for some unknown reason, Hello Kitty has made a serious come-back here. Who woulda thunk it?

No shopping trip with Sarah is complete without a visit to the pet store, so we stopped there before heading home. Now I am strongly against getting a pet from the pet store - dogs and cats anyway - even though I am a two-time culprit myself.
Oprah's show on puppy mills will have you feeling the same. The next time I ever think about getting a pet, it will most definitely come from the local SPCA shelter. And now that I got that out...

We had the camera ready in case Sarah would break out into laughter again from seeing the puppies. That didn't happen. This time, the birds really caught her attention (she would wave 'hi' to them) and she was mesmerized by the fish in the large tank outside the store.

Anyway, we had a great evening out and I look forward to taking her out more now that I know she doesn't get over-stimulated by the sights and sounds. Have a good Valentine's weekend y'all!

No comments: