baby

Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year!

After 12 days of laying in bed succumbed by the blasted flu, I finally emerged and feel almost back to normal. The coughing is slowly starting to go away and my appetite is nowhere near normal yet but I am at least up and about. And I certainly don't mind that I have shed much of those dreaded preggy pounds during these past several days ;)

With my sudden stroke of misfortune (not to mention the multiple dumps of snow), Sarah's first Christmas was not the best that it could have been, though it was memorable. Daddy took her to a pre-Christmas dinner at her Yeh-Yeh and Ma-Ma's house and then to Christmas Day lunch at Auntie Wendy and Uncle Kevin's place while I stayed in bed. He was also planning to take her to my family's big Christmas shindig but I was feeling pretty rotten and he didn't want to go so far that night.

Anyway, being that it was Sarah's first Christmas, you can imagine the score she got. I did not get a chance to tally everything but if you feel so inclined to count, feel free to do so!

Oops, I forgot to include these...

And one more...

With all these new toys and including some RESP money she received, Sarah is well-stocked for now. Her first birthday comes up in a few short months so hopefully we will be able to find new things for her to explore.

Thanks to all of our family, friends and neighbours who helped make Sarah's first Christmas the very best it could be!

No comments: