baby

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Countdown to Christmas

It has been another uneventful few weeks in Sarah's world. While Sarah continues to crawl up a storm and I'm secretly dreading the moment she starts to walk, it hasn't been so news-worthy to warrant a blog post. The fam left little ol' me behind and went away to Hong Kong to attend a family wedding so Sarah did not get any play-dates in with her little cousin Matthew. I was going to surprise them and meet them there but by the time I had thought of that, prices were stupidly horrendous. Points were an option but that would mean that I would fly solo with Sarah and I would have preferred to fly with someone. Anyhow, everyone flew back into town on Sunday morning so we stayed for a longer visit that evening since we didn't see them for so long. Of course, Sarah scored big as usual - so big that I have only brought back half of her haul so far. One of her new favourite toys is a hand-held drum souvenir that Po-Po and Gong-Gong brought back from Beijing. It is a little noisy but I love watching her shake the drum and she loves it too.


On another note, only *16* more sleeps until Christmas. Sigh. I haven't even bought ANY presents yet and even more embarrassing is the fact that I have had the tree up since the beginning of the month but without any ornaments on it. Nada. Zilch. Zee-ro. I've got the lights up but that really doesn't count since it's a pre-lit tree. I will resolve to get it up by the weekend...keep you posted.

Finaly, speaking of the weekend, the holiday-related event invites are slowly starting to come in. I am excited because Sarah will get to meet Santa for the first time at my work's kiddie Christmas party on Saturday. Hopefully she won't be too scared of the big white beard or the jolly ol' man himself! :)