baby

Monday, October 13, 2008

Knowing When To Keep Quiet

Took in some valuable 'me-time' and sat on the couch to veg and catch up on my shows this evening. Yippee. Caught a new episode of one of my current favorite guilty pleasures, Jon & Kate Plus 8.



That Kate can sure be snippy with Jon - it's almost like looking in the mirror for me ;). However, I can appreciate that with 8 kids, it can be pretty easy to get impatient at the littlest thing. Just thinking about it makes me shudder - eight (or nine including hubby) different temperaments to tend to, ten mouths to feed, the diaper changes, etc. etc. I only have one kiddie to deal with and here I am wondering about what to do with an extra 1/2 hour with Sarah now that she is awake longer. Wow - guess I can't really complain about all the work that is involved. But as they say, the grass is always greener. I can't wait for Sarah to be 'x' age, but I should live in the moment - like watching Sarah practice sitting up :)



Sigh...before we know it, Sarah will be a tween - hopefully nothing like Maddie! - and we will be longing for the days we have with her now. Being loved by a baby to no tomorrow feels great and does wonders for one's ego! ;)

No comments: