baby

Saturday, October 18, 2008

It's The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown

A nice autumn day is hard to come by, especially where we live. So taking advantage of the good weather today, we started a new annual tradition and took Sarah to a local pumpkin patch this afternoon with Aunties Wendy & Pat and Uncle Rog. The farm itself was not very impressive (I had pictured hay-rides and the like) but since it was our first time going to a pumpkin patch ourselves, we had some good fun nonetheless.



The farm had a Tiny Tots Patch where Sarah got to pick out her very first pumpkin with Daddy's help. Daddy was a real trooper and got his hands dirty to search for the perfect one for Sarah. It was a stretch for him to do that so I was quite impressed. That's L-O-V-E
I tell ya. Now let's see how he makes out with the carving part...we might just resort to our good friend Jiffy instead ;)



Unlike what I had imagined, there were no fields and fields of pumpkins but there were bunches of pre-picked ones so we still got in a few good pictures. Here are a couple shots of Sarah that I especially liked. The blue background is actually a wheelbarrow (I was having an 'artistic' moment)...



Anyway, I think we all enjoyed ourselves at the pumpkin patch. Now I can hardly wait until I can share my childhood holiday tradition with Sarah - Christmas light touring! :)

No comments: