baby

Friday, April 24, 2009

Where The Wild Things Are

Why oh why did*'t Sarah choose to pry apart a*other key i*stead? This 'modified' keyboard is drivi*g me completely *uts a*d it's taki*g me so much lo*ger to get my blog thoughts o* the scree*! Sheesh! Oh well, e*ough ra*ti*g...

It just felt like a few short days ago when I last blogged and now it's already Friday. And it's not just any Friday either, for it's the last weekend before I revert back to the status of office worker bee. I am hopeful that I won't miss Sarah terribly, think about her too much or call home for updates every half-hour :)

Anyway, we enjoyed a good walk this afternoon around the ol' neighbourhood as we always do. This time, I remembered to bring Sarah's trusty shades with me. I could tell that she wasn't too comfortable with them but she complied for a short while. Asians wearing bridgeless shades = what was I thinking? :)

I am continually amazed by how a regular jaunt on the same route can bring new surprises each time. Today, for one, was no exception. Sarah and I stopped to get a Slurpee before heading over to the tot's playground, where we were met by none other than a lone coyote.

With another mommy at the park and no sign of a pack of coyotes, I wasn't too freaked out although I did feel a wee bit like Little Red Riding Hood. Wait a sec - that was a wolf wasn't it? Either way, I did feel wary about being in close proximity to a wild animal so our time on the swings was cut short. Not to mention that it didn't help that some little girl named 'Gracie' kept telling mommy that she was scared and wanted to leave N-O-W!! ;)

Back at home, Sarah continued to practice walking and this time I finally got a good video clip to prove it to my 3 (publicized) faithful followers.



Sure it isn't the most steady of steps but it's still amazing isn't it? I'm so thrilled that Sarah is starting to become even more independent but at the same time sad that she is really no longer a baby. Why does time have to pass by so fast!!

No comments: