baby

Sunday, January 18, 2009

Wining and Dining

With Sarah in tow, we normally hit the regular Chinese and/or kid-friendly restaurants for grub, so it was a rare treat to go somewhere with white tablecloths and candlelight tonight. And it wasn't only because it is the annual Dine Out Vancouver event - we all went to The Cannery to celebrate my sister's birthday. Given the annual discounted dining event, the Asians were out in full force but it didn't seem as bad as in previous years. I guess with the better restaurant manners, it wasn't as embarrassing :)

Considering the restaurant's environment, Sarah did surprisingly well and did not fuss while sitting in her seat, although she didn't care for my dad's looks (sorry Dad - not sure what it was). As you know, Sarah is adventurous with her food repertoire, so I let her have some bread and try some of my potato and corn chowder. She actually quite enjoyed the soup but with the paprika in it, it was a bit spicy so I only let her have a taste.

All in all, we enjoyed a nice evening out and I was happy that Sarah behaved herself and didn't really fuss even though she was getting a bit sleepy (guess the dim lighting didn't help either). I think the best part of the night for Sarah was getting to take home my sister's birthday balloon. The best part for me however was getting to put Sarah in a fancy schmancy dress for the night! :)



Finally, just for kicks, here is a new favourite picture of mine. Sarah likes to socialize while having her meals and she gave me the biggest and happiest grin while having some water from her juice box after lunch yesterday. So cute! :)


No comments: