baby

Thursday, October 16, 2008

Becoming a foodie...

Now that Sarah is familiar and doing well with baby rice cereal, I let her try some sweet potato for lunch today. The reaction to this strange new taste was priceless! Sarah would pucker her lips after taking each bite and give a little shake as the food went down. So funny! Too bad I didn't get the camera in time to take a photo of it. Maybe tomorrow...

I also let her try a Baby Mum-Mum cracker that Daisy Yee-Yee gave to Sarah. While she wasn't so sure about the sweet potato, she eagerly took the cracker. I'll bet that it was the novelty of holding something herself :)



Speaking of these crackers, I did some research on them since I wasn't sure when Sarah can actually have them. Apparently there have been some concerns around choking with this product so maybe I will wait until her solid-eating skills are well-established before giving them to her again. Also, I don't know where the Mum-Mums here are imported from, but the company issued a reassurance that the milk products are not of the tainted kind from China. I'll leave it to your discretion whether to continue offering them to your kiddies :)

On the developmental front, Sarah is still working at sitting up and constantly fights to sit upright while I'm bottle-feeding her, which makes for an even longer feeding session. It's alright though, she is beginning to get the hang of it and the novelty will wear off soon. We'll just have to continue practicing this more!






No comments: