baby

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

My Contribution to Saving the Economy

To satisfy my love of window-shopping while at home, I have been scouring various retail websites for clothes, toys, and whatever else might come to mind at the time. One place that I recently re-introduced myself to is good old Craigslist. I can't believe the scores of deals that can be found there, especially for baby-related items and not to mention costumes for Halloween. Kiddies, especially those who are only several months old, are only in costumes for pictures so there are some really good bargains out there. Since Sarah still hasn't grown into her cow costume (and not wanting her to look the same as cousin Matthew), I decided to take a look at what is available and found a gently-used costume for Sarah that only set us back $10. YAY! I'll wait until Friday to spill the beans on what she's going to be :)

If that wasn't a bargain enough, I found another whopper of a deal yesterday on Craigslist. I had been eyeing the Laugh & Learn activity toys for Sarah but they are quite pricey for a made-in-China plastic toy, so when I found the Laugh & Learn Baby Grand Piano for a steal at $15, I just had to pick it up. Oh, the pleasure of finding a good deal...



With all these new finds and to reclaim some adult space in our humble home, we are now slowly converting the office into a playroom for Sarah. Hopefully she won't get as many Christmas presents as Matthew because we are running out of room fast! Here's what the interior decorator-wannabe in me is thinking (yes, even her room needs a TV)...




No comments: